Same Day Agra Tour by Train | Delhi to Agra One Day Tour
Agra is synonymous with Taj Mahal , when you are visiting Agra it is quite obvious that Taj Mahal is also a part of the tour itinerary . Agra was also once the capital of Mughal Empire. and Lodhis . It has three UNESCO world heritage site and also hosts one of the Seven Wonders of the world.It is located in a picturesque location on the banks of Yamuna. Now Agra lies in north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Agra is one of the tourist destination in the Golden Triangle tourism circuit in India.This is quite a famous attraction among College students ,couples and families for a quick getaway from Delhi and NCR .
How to reach Agra from Delhi?
Agra is around 211 Kilometers from Delhi. Agra has its own Airport , Railway Station and also well connected via roads from Delhi.
- By Air:- There are daily flights between Agra and Delhi at a cost of rupees 2000-4000 depending on availability of tickets.Airport is around 25 kilometers from Taj Mahal.
- By Bus:- Both private and deluxe buses ply between Delhi and Agra and are available in plenty , you can book tickets the night before travel . Bus ticket costs around rupees 200-500 per person. Journey takes three – four hours to complete via bus.
- By Cab/Private Vehicle:- Journey in private vehicle takes around 2-3 hours depending on the route you take. If you take the National Highway route which suits people in South and West Delhi , it would take around 3 Hours for a one way trip . While Yamuna Expressway route takes half an hour less and is more suited for travelers in East Delhi and Noida. Private taxis charge around Rupees 2000-4000 depending on the vehicle.
- By Train:- Shatabdi Express plies between Delhi and Agra . Apart that Haridawar – Mumbai Express , Chatisgarh Exp and Punjab Mail . These trains run almost daily and take 3-4 hours to complete the journey.
Best Way to reach Agra from Delhi:-
According to me best way to travel via the Yamuna expressway route in a private taxi or your own vehicle , this allows you to free yourself from time bounds of flights and trains , moreover most of the tourist attractions in Agra are quite faraway so car would be convenient .
What are some of the Best Tourist Attractions in Agra?
Apart from Taj Mahal , there are several other attractions around Agra which showcase the rich Mughal Architecture , art and heritage. Most of these attractions are scattered around Agra.
- Religious Tourist destinations
- Dayal Bagh
- Jama Masjid
- Moti Masjid
- Humayun’s Mosque
- Historical Tourist destinations
- Agra Fort
- Taj Mahal
- Fatehpur Sikri around 25 kilometers away from city.
- Buland Darwaza
Other Sightseeing Places in Agra : – There are several other tourist attractions in Agra which are a must visit during a longer stay in Agra. Some of these places are Panch Mahal ,Jahangir Mahal ,Birbal Bhavan,Itmad-ud-Daulah Tomb ,Tomb of Akbar the Great ,Dayal Bagh and Aram bagh .
What is the Best Time to visit Agra ?
Agra can be visited throughout the year , but I would avoid it during Summer as most of these tourist attractions in Agra are in far-flung areas and travelling during summer can be a problem .